Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Aloha "HI FIV" :(

IMG_1096-2011-06-15-12-13.JPG
Wednesday was a busy day. Yes indeedy. Besides being the first day of summer vacation for the boys, I had a ton of errands I needed to get done. Quinn took the van for his early morning workout, and I treaded at home and showered. He got back here to pick us up for a lunch date at the Chinese buffet near his work, and then my plan was to go to the MD DMV to get the van’s title/registration updated, get my MD license, and then hit up the Waldorf Costco, and head back down to fetch Quinn by 5pm. The morning was going along as planned, up until I got done showering, and noticed that Nomes was just lying like a limp little rag outside the bathroom door. When I checked her out, her forehead was far warmer than it should have been. Uh oh. :/ She said she felt fine, though in retrospect, THAT is when I should have given her a dose of ibuprofen. 20/20 hindsight, as usual.

Quinn got to the house, we all loaded up, and headed off to the New York Buffet (which, strangely, serves not pizza, but Chinese food) By the time we got to the restaurant, I could tell that Nomes was only getting warmer, so I gave her half of a 200mg pill, not sure if she needed 100 or 200, and not wanting to give her more than she was supposed to have. As it turned out, she’s up to 200mg now... which I will NOT forget again. We had an uneasy but tasty lunch, with Nomes only having some jello and a few cellophane noodles. After we were done, we headed to Loveville to get as much done at the DMV as possible. Just like I’d expected, there were lots of people waiting for their numbers to be called. I was able to get the van’s title & registration updated pretty quickly (and expensively!), but the wait to get to the driver’s license update lady was pretty rough. By this time, Nomes was NOT feeling well, and just sort of lay on my lap and snuggled Snowy. After 45 minutes of waiting for the 2nd lady, we finally got to go up to the chair, but turns out you need to have your marriage license if you’re transferring an out of state license to MD. I was pretty peeved, because that wasn’t mentioned on the website, and I’d brought every other thing that was needed. :sigh: Nothing to do but leave and come back another day.
IMG_1093-2011-06-15-12-13.JPG

Since we were 2/3 of the way to Costco, I really wanted to get that taken care of. I talked to Nomes, and she said that she’d be fine to rest in a shopping cart pushed by Ben, while I pushed the cart with all the groceries, so that’s what we did. What a sight we must have made, trundling around Costco... Me in front, coaching Nate not to run over my ankles, with Ben behind me, pushing poor Nomes. I’d spread out my hoodie on the bottom of the cart to give her a tiny bit of padding, and she lay there curled up, clutching Snowy, with her other hand on her barf bucket, just in case she needed it. I tell you, that was THE fastest Costco run I’ve ever done!

We headed out of there, and back down the highway, and by now, I was pretty sure Nomes was going to get sick. She was such a trooper, though and didn’t complain a bit. She kept a good hold on the bucket, and I kept my eyes on her in my rearview mirror. When she finally did get sick, it was sort of a relief. She’d kept such a death grip on the bucket, she didn’t make any mess at all - what a tough little girl! We got home, and I tucked her in to bed, and she crashed out for the rest of the day --> night, and didn’t wake up until about 9am the next day.
IMG_1094-2011-06-15-12-13.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment