Saturday, June 4, 2011

Birds in the morning

While I was loading up the dishwasher just now (~8:15am), I looked out and saw a new bird at the birdfeed! I think it was a wood thrush, though I’m not positive. It hung around for a few minutes, and then wandered off into the woods. Its back was a very rich cinnamon color, and the rest of it looked like the bird below.
WOOTHR3-2011-06-4-08-22.jpg

But that wasn’t the only excitement - there were 4 young squirrels playing tag, a male cardinal, a bluejay, AND a crow! All at the same time! :D :D :D

Quinn says he’ll hang the mount for my hummingbird feeder today, so I’ll be able to have 3 feeders at once... hummingbird, suet, and regular birdseed. I can’t wait!

This is going to be our last “lazy” weekend for a while, so I really want to enjoy it.

Quinn got a hold of a guy about an hour away who has the kind of rough wood that would be perfect for the treehouse, so he and Nate took off at about 10am to go get some. It’s nearly 3pm, and they’re nearly back home again after picking it up, and then stopping for some McLunch in Prince Frederick.

No comments:

Post a Comment